Hello Coral Dental Family. We are excited to announce we will be able to welcome you back starting June 1.
It has been quite unusual not seeing each of you during this time and we are very much looking forward to being able to provide the care your mouth, teeth, and gums deserve.
When you are able to return you may notice some changes within the office. These measures have been implemented to ensure your safety. Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional protocols and equipment. We are changing our policy for PPE and reviewing our current infection control policies with increased team training to insure safety against Covid-19. To allow for social distancing and to minimize the number of people in the office and interactions, we are rearranging our schedule and we will be setting up easier payment arrangements so that both you and our front desk team remain as safe and healthy as possible.
For further information regarding some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you, please see the attached document.
It is important to know that before your next appointment, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. Failure to do so will require rescheduling of the appointment.
Please note that we will also continue to provide teledentistry services for consultations or communication that can be done online or through video education to minimize the need for in person interaction.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 295-8040 or visit us at https://www.coraldental.bm. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Drs. Rabain, Donnelly, Johnson and Team
– What to expect at your next visit with us –
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic
- Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic
- Droplet barriers Installed at reception areas
- Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment
- Mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office. We will be happy to supply you with one upon arrival
- Temperature to be recorded of every patient upon entering the office
- Temperature to be recorded of every team member at beginning and end of each day
- Use of hand sanitizer in the reception area and other areas of the office during your visit
- Introduction an oral pre rinse for all patients to reduce exposure to germs
- New personal protection equipment including face shields, gowns, caps, and enhanced masks
- Ambient air management with HEPA 13 air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Introducing protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients and utilizing cold fogging disinfection